This recipe is my attempt at the famous Vietnamese spicy beef noodle soup, Pho. titivate enhance in the same way as thinly sliced raw beef tenderloin, basil, mint, cilantro, chili sambal, and vivacious lime wedges.
The ingredient of Spicy Vietnamese Beef Noodle Soup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 thick slices beef shank
- 2 pounds beef oxtail, cut into pieces
- 1 (6 inch) piece roomy ginger, sliced
- 6 combined star anise
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon collection coriander seeds
- 2 comprehensive cloves
- 1 cinnamon fix
- 1 cardamom pod
- 3 quarts water
- 1 onion, halved
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package spacious rice noodles
- 1 cup vivacious bean sprouts, or to taste
- 1 lively jalapeno pepper, sliced into rings, or to taste
The instruction how to make Spicy Vietnamese Beef Noodle Soup
- Heat oil in a large pot greater than medium-high heat. Cook beef shank, oxtail pieces, and ginger in hot oil, turning occasionally, until browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side. mount up star anise, fennel seed, coriander seed, cloves, cinnamon stick, and cardamom pod to the pot and saute until fragrant, nearly 30 seconds.
- disquiet water, onion, garlic, white sugar, and bay leaf into beef mixture; bring to a boil, edit heat to low, and simmer until broth is flavorful and meat is falling off the bone, 5 to 6 hours. sever meat and reserve. Strain broth into a pot; discard strained spices and vegetables.
- Chop beef shank meat and ensue to broth in pot; disturb in fish sauce and soy sauce. Bring broth to a simmer and edit heat to low to child support child maintenance warm.
- Place rice noodles in a large bowl and cover behind hot water. Set aside until noodles are softened, about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Place a handful of bean sprouts in the bottom of a large soup bowl. height gone a large handful of prepared rice noodles and drop a few jalapeno slices over noodles. Ladle beef broth into bowl to cover noodles.
Nutritions of Spicy Vietnamese Beef Noodle Soupcalories: 389.9 calories
carbohydrateContent: 33.9 g
cholesterolContent: 88.6 mg
fatContent: 14.5 g
fiberContent: 1.4 g
proteinContent: 30 g
saturatedFatContent: 5.3 g
sodiumContent: 527.9 mg
sugarContent: 4.4 g