Mexican tell inspired meatloaf. Chicken makes this lower in fat than regular meatloaf, and adding pork keeps the meatloaf from tasting dry.
The ingredient of Salsa Chicken Meatloaf
- 1u2009u00bc cups herb-seasoned croutons
- 1 (12 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound sports ground chicken
- u00bd pound dome pork
- 1 egg
- 1u2009u00bd tablespoons taco seasoning fusion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
- u00bc cup cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
The instruction how to make Salsa Chicken Meatloaf
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 5x9-inch loaf pan.
- blend the croutons behind salsa in a large bowl, and set aside to soften, approximately 15 minutes. Heat olive oil in a skillet higher than medium heat, and cook the jalapeno pepper, onion, and garlic until the onion is translucent, 5 to 8 minutes.
- amalgamation the field chicken, arena pork, egg, taco seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, pepperjack cheese, and cilantro into the crouton mixture, and mash any unbroken croutons. fusion in the cooked onion mixture. Transfer the meatloaf into the prepared loaf pan. fusion the barbecue sauce and brown sugar together in a bowl, stirring until the sugar has dissolved, and brush the barbecue sauce mixture exceeding the loaf. Fold a 12-inch long piece of aluminum foil into a tent, and place the foil tent over the loaf.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the juices run Definite and the loaf is no longer pink in the center, not quite 1 hour. Remove foil tent for last 10 minutes of baking. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the loaf should retrieve at least 160 degrees F (72 degrees C). sever from oven, cover the loaf in the same way as foil, and let stand for 15 minutes in the future serving.
Nutritions of Salsa Chicken Meatloafcalories: 393 calories
carbohydrateContent: 21.5 g
cholesterolContent: 125.7 mg
fatContent: 19.6 g
fiberContent: 1.9 g
proteinContent: 31.6 g
saturatedFatContent: 7.6 g
sodiumContent: 897 mg
sugarContent: 9.8 g