This my 86-year-old Aunt Libbys home-made meatloaf recipe. I finally had her write it by the side of for me last year. You can be distinct no one will give advice you this meatloaf is dry!
The ingredient of Aunt Libbys Southern Meatloaf
- 2 pounds field beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1u2009u00bd teaspoons salt
- u00bc teaspoon pitch black pepper
- 1u2009u00bd cups ketchup
- u00bc cup water
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
The instruction how to make Aunt Libbys Southern Meatloaf
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- mixture combination beef, onion, 1 cup ketchup, bread crumbs, eggs, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Press beef join up into a loaf in the prepared loaf pan.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups ketchup, water, vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce together in a saucepan; cook and stir up over medium heat until sauce is smooth and warm, very nearly 10 minutes. Pour 1/3 the sauce more than meatloaf.
- Bake in the preheated oven, basting the whole 25 minutes once more sauce, until meatloaf is cooked through, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should door at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Cool in the pan for 10 minutes to come slicing.
Nutritions of Aunt Libbys Southern Meatloafcalories: 533.7 calories
carbohydrateContent: 48.4 g
cholesterolContent: 152.8 mg
fatContent: 24.8 g
fiberContent: 1.3 g
proteinContent: 30.8 g
saturatedFatContent: 9.1 g
sodiumContent: 2215.2 mg
sugarContent: 31.1 g