Vegan split pea soup is made similar to easily reached and budget-friendly vegetarian ingredients. This low calorie, easy-to-make soup is a hearty bowl of comfort and health!
The ingredient of Vegan Split Pea Soup
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup peeled and chopped carrots
- 1 green panic pepper, chopped
- 1 red unease pepper, chopped
- 6 cups gluten-free vegetable broth, not speaking
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- u00bd teaspoon dried oregano
- u00bd teaspoon cayenne pepper
- u00bc teaspoon ground paprika
- salt and dome black pepper to taste
- 2 cups dried split peas
- u00bd large sweet potato, cubed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 green onion, chopped, or to taste
The instruction how to make Vegan Split Pea Soup
- Heat a large pot beyond medium-high heat. accumulate onion, celery, carrots, green siren pepper, red unease pepper, and a splash of vegetable broth. Cook and work up until vegetables are softened, virtually 10 minutes.
- disconcert whisk garlic, oregano, cayenne pepper, paprika, salt, and black pepper into the vegetable mixture. Saute until fragrant, about 5 minutes. amass the long-lasting broth, split peas, sweet potato, and bay leaf. condense abbreviate heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, until split peas begin to soften and pop, roughly more or less 45 minutes.
- Transfer 1/2 the soup into a blender; puree until smooth. Pour encourage into the pot and campaign well. Pour soup into serving bowls and embellish in the manner of green onion.
Nutritions of Vegan Split Pea Soupcalories: 328.8 calories
carbohydrateContent: 61.6 g
fatContent: 1.6 g
fiberContent: 21.5 g
proteinContent: 19.1 g
saturatedFatContent: 0.2 g
sodiumContent: 557.9 mg
sugarContent: 14.3 g