Quick, easy, and wildly pleasurable soup that is both light and hearty. This soup freezes wonderfully, and can be used for lunches or gruff suppers. Enjoy!!
The ingredient of Luscious Lima Bean Soup
- 1 pound dry lima beans
- 4 cups water
- 5 carrots, chopped
- 1 leek, bulb only, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cubes vegetable bouillon
- 8 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
The instruction how to make Luscious Lima Bean Soup
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. ensue dry lima beans, and boil for 2 to 3 minutes. separate from heat, and comply the beans to sit, covered, for 1 to 2 hours to soften. Drain and rinse until water runs clear, discarding bean water.
- In a soup pot, saute vegetables in olive oil until onions and celery are translucent. increase be credited with lima beans, and saute for substitute 2 to 3 minutes.
- In the meantime, bring 4 cups of water to a boil. mount up the vegetable bouillon to the boiling water, and raise a fuss until dissolved. amass broth to the sauteed vegetables and beans. mount up permanent water, and agree soup to simmer exceeding a low flame for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. abet steaming hot.
Nutritions of Luscious Lima Bean Soupcalories: 220.2 calories
carbohydrateContent: 37.3 g
fatContent: 3.5 g
fiberContent: 10.9 g
proteinContent: 11.4 g
saturatedFatContent: 0.5 g
sodiumContent: 46.2 mg
sugarContent: 6.7 g