Powerhouse collect grains and autumn vegetables simmer to perfection in this comforting, vegan-friendly soup. To make the squash easier to peel and chop, pierce and microwave for a minute or two. Any type of bean or winter squash would be delicious in this soup.
The ingredient of Healthy Harvest Soup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 2 acorn squash - peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- u00bd cup quinoa
- u00bd cup pot barley
- u00bd teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch kale, stemmed and harshly roughly chopped
The instruction how to make Healthy Harvest Soup
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat; saute onion in hot oil until softened and slightly golden, 5 to 10 minutes. go to garlic; saute until golden and fragrant, 2 to 4 minutes more. excite sage and thyme in onion incorporation combination and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- stir up vegetable broth, squash, water, kidney beans, quinoa, barley, and salt into onion mixture; bring to a boil, cut heat to medium-low, and simmer until barley is pining and soup flavors combine, roughly more or less 35 minutes.
- disturb kale into soup; simmer until kale is tender, very nearly 10 minutes.
Nutritions of Healthy Harvest Soupcalories: 216.4 calories
carbohydrateContent: 39 g
fatContent: 4.5 g
fiberContent: 8.3 g
proteinContent: 7.9 g
saturatedFatContent: 0.5 g
sodiumContent: 600.6 mg
sugarContent: 5.2 g