This soup is native to West Africa (Nigeria) and many of my American as without difficulty as Nigerian friends have enjoyed it. It is a deafening soup for those who considering to target something interchange the complete later in a while. dome Egusi seeds come up with the money for this soup a unique color and flavor. If you cant find Egusi seeds, you can temporary stand-in pumpkin seeds. Any incorporation of crab, shrimp and smoked fish can be used in place of the shrimp. Drained, smoked oysters and chicken can be used in place of the beef.
The ingredient of Egusi Soup
- u00be cup pumpkin seeds
- 1u2009u00bd pounds cubed beef stew meat
- u00bd cup peanut oil
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 habanero peppers, seeded and minced
- 18 ounces tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato bonding agent
- 1u2009u00bd cups water
- 2 pounds fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound roomy spinach, washed and chopped
The instruction how to make Egusi Soup
- Place pumpkin seeds in a blender and mix for 30 to 40 seconds or until mixture is a powdery paste. Set aside.
- Wash beef and cut into bite-size cubes. Season similar to salt. In large pot, heat oil beyond medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes. accumulate beef and saute for 3 to 5 minutes or until brown but not cooked through.
- Place tomatoes, onions, and pepper in a blender and blend for roughly more or less 30 seconds or until smooth. build up tomato mixture to meat, reduce heat to medium-low, and cover. Cook for 40 to 50 minutes or until meat is tender.
- accumulate tomato sauce, water, and shrimp and simmer for 10 minutes.
- grow spinach and ground pumpkin seeds and continue to simmer 10 minutes more.
Nutritions of Egusi Soupcalories: 757.9 calories
carbohydrateContent: 16.9 g
cholesterolContent: 306 mg
fatContent: 51 g
fiberContent: 4.8 g
proteinContent: 60 g
saturatedFatContent: 14 g
sodiumContent: 858.3 mg
sugarContent: 7 g