My mom always made this soup not far off from washday as it was rapid to make and agreed satisfying. Its still a favorite today for lunch. Pepper may be further at the table. abet later open bread and butter. This is a agreed hearty soup, if served as supper, it is a answer meal.
The ingredient of Dumpling Soup
- 1u2009u00bd cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- u00be cup water, or as needed
- 6 medium potatoes - peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 ounces sliced bacon, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
The instruction how to make Dumpling Soup
- In a medium bowl, amalgamation together the flour, baking powder and salt. Crack the egg into a measuring cup, and go to ample plenty water to equal 1 cup. mix up behind a fork. Gradually protest the egg-water and oil into the flour incorporation combination taking into consideration the fork until a soft dough is formed. Use your hands to mix the dough until is smooth and no longer sticky, adding more flour or water as needed. Cover the bowl, and set aside until the potatoes are ready.
- Place potatoes in a large pot later the salt and water, and bring to a boil. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a skillet higher than medium heat. go to the bacon and onion; cook and work up until onions are golden and bacon is cooked. Set aside.
- gone the potatoes are cooked, pinch off small pieces of the dough, and drop them into the boiling potato water. Turning the dough in your hand will incite allowance it from sticking to your fingers. past all of the dumplings have been added, you can shake up in the bacon and onions. Ladle some of the water from the soup into the skillet, and swish it on the subject of to clean out all of the tasty bits and juices. Pour encourage into the soup. point of view off the soup, and let stand for a few minutes prematurely serving.
Nutritions of Dumpling Soupcalories: 440.8 calories
carbohydrateContent: 63.8 g
cholesterolContent: 54.1 mg
fatContent: 16 g
fiberContent: 6 g
proteinContent: 11.1 g
saturatedFatContent: 6 g
sodiumContent: 1077.8 mg
sugarContent: 2.9 g