This delicious beef stew is a traditional beef stew common in Hawaii. It has a delicious tomato freshen along gone throbbing beef and vegetables.
The ingredient of Hawaiian Beef Stew
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 pounds stew beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- u00bd cup red wine
- 5 stalks celery, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 10 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato cement
- 2 tablespoons salt, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon arena black pepper
- 4 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces, or to taste
- u00bc cup cornstarch
- u00bc cup water
The instruction how to make Hawaiian Beef Stew
- Heat oil in a pot greater than medium-high heat. accumulate beef; cook and disquiet until browned, just about 10 minutes. amass garlic; cook until aromatic, 2 to 3 minutes. grow wine; cook until alcohol has cooked off, just about 5 minutes. build up celery and onions; cook until tender, practically 5 minutes.
- Pour 10 cups water into the pot. accumulate tomato paste, salt, sugar, bay leaves, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium-low. Cover and cook stew until beef is tender, about 1 hour.
- Place carrots into the stew; cook until slightly tender, practically 10 minutes. ensue potatoes; cook until tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- blend cornstarch and 1/4 cup water together in a bowl; ensue to the stew. Let simmer until thickened, not quite 3 minutes.
Nutritions of Hawaiian Beef Stewcalories: 299.6 calories
carbohydrateContent: 16.1 g
cholesterolContent: 62.6 mg
fatContent: 16.3 g
fiberContent: 2.2 g
proteinContent: 20.2 g
saturatedFatContent: 6.2 g
sodiumContent: 955.3 mg
sugarContent: 4.7 g